APPLICATIONS FOR TILLETT DEBUT 2022 HAVE NOW CLOSED
The Tillett DEBUT Scheme is open to instrumentalists, either soloists or ensembles but is not open to applications from singers. Application forms and full guidelines are below. The deadline for submissions is 1st November 2021. The first round is a video round, from which a maximum of 16 applicants will be invited to audition live in front of the panel on 1st February 2022 in London.
PLEASE READ THE 2022 INFORMATION, RULES & REGULATIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING.
What is the Tillett Debut scheme?
As part of its policy of helping young musicians, the Trust became the founding sponsor of a young musicians scheme created over 30 years ago to bring burgeoning talent to a wider audience through concert platforms around the UK. The aim of the scheme is to introduce new young artists to the concert circuit without exposing them to any personal financial burden and to provide financial and personal backup at this stage of an musician’s career.
The scheme selects by audition a small number of musicians each year with a view to their giving them a shared platform at a central London hall before going on to play at music festivals and concert societies around the UK.
Important aspects of the initiative include:
- Shouldering the risk of promoting a London concert and allowing musicians to perform to as wide and as influential an audience as possible.
- Providing continuing concert experience and so allowing for building repertoire and learning professional stagecraft.
- Boosting income at a time when finances are at their most vulnerable.
- Offering practical and financial help with producing publicity material including brochures, photographs and demo recordings.
- Providing sympathetic support and guidance with career decisions
The London concerts form part of the Monday Platform series at Wigmore Hall and Kings Place.